Waivers and Consent Forms
Innovation Girls Academy
I, the parent / guardian of the child listed in this application, wish to enroll my child and have her participate in the innoVationGirls Academy, operated by innoVationGirls LLC. (herein collectively referred to as the “Academy”).
I acknowledge that any and all intellectual property that they produce while participating in the Academy, including inventions, works of authorship, physical products, ideas, designs, concepts, plans, processes, programs, software, may be assigned or otherwise licensed to the company for whom the property was created, at the discretion of the Academy.
I agree that all knowledge and information, not already available to the public, acquired in the course of your child’s involvement with the Academy, including the companies they are involved with, shall be treated as confidential. I agree that any such knowledge and information shall not either directly or indirectly be used, disclosed, or made accessible to anyone by you me or your child my child for any purpose, except in the ordinary course of the Academy’s business under circumstances in which you, I or my child are authorized to use or disclose such information.
I understand that the Academy may upon my prior permission (see transportation permission slip attached), transport my child to and from any program and / or planned field trip and I acknowledge that upon my agreement, I release the Academy, its officers and directors, agents, staff, faculty and volunteers, to the extent permitted by law, from all liability or damages for any and all injuries while traveling to and / or from any destination.
By signing this document, I recognize that I take full responsibility for my child’s actions and I am solely responsible for any problems that may develop during that program relative to dangers or injury. In addition, I understand that the Academy is not liable for any accident or injury that may occur while traveling to or from the program, during any planned field trip, or while in attendance at a related event.
Furthermore, I confirm that I will disclose any food allergies or medical history, that is relevant to the safety and well-being of my child, and that may need require urgent medical attention. I also understand that upon prior authorization (see attached document) in the event of sudden illness or injury, first aid or medical attention will be administered, and the designated emergency contact will be notified immediately.
By accepting the waivers and consent forms on the registration page represents that I shall accept the risk of any injury that may occur and I release the Academy, its officers and directors, agents, staff, volunteers, and faculty, to the extent permitted by law, from liability arising from all phases of this activity. I understand there may be unforeseen inherent risks associated with my child’s attendant and participation.
Innovation Girls LLC.
Media Waiver and Release Form
I, the Parent/ Legal Guardian of the above mentioned child hereby, grant permission to Innovation Girls and their agents, the absolute right and permission to use photographic pictures, portraits, digital images, or videotapes of My Child, or by which My Child may be included in whole or in part, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise for any lawful purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to any Innovation Girls websites, publicity, copyright purposes, illustration, advertising and web content.
I further acknowledge that I will not be compensated for these uses, and that Innovation Girls exclusively owns all rights to the images, videos, and recordings, and to any derivative works created from them.
I waive the right to inspect or approve the uses of any printed or electronic copy. I hereby release Innovation Girls and its agents from any claims that may arise from these uses, including without limitation claims of defamation or invasion of privacy, or of infringement of moral rights or rights of publicity or copyright.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Site. By using this Site you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Site.
The Site is owned and operated by INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC., a corporation incorporated under the laws of Ohio, having its principle office in Cincinnati, Ohio. INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. maintains the Site for your personal entertainment and information. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, home personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of this Site including the text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without written permission from INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC.
Terms and Conditions
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on this Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise stated and may only be used according to these Terms and Conditions. INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on this Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. Images and videos are either the property of, or used with permission by, INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. . The use of these images and videos by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
2. INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site. However, INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this Site.
3. Furthermore, your use of and browsing in this Site is at your risk. Neither INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some the jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
4. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
5. The trademarks, and logos, displayed on the Site, are trademarks of the InnoVationGirls LLC.. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the InnoVationGirls LLC. or such third party that may own the trademarks displayed on the Site. Regarding use of the trademark.
6. The InnoVationGirls LLC. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
7. This Site may contain links to other Web sites operated by third parties other than the InnoVationGirls LLC.. Such links are provided for your convenience only. The InnoVationGirls LLC. does not control such Websites and is not responsible for their content. The fact that this Site contains links to other sites does not mean that the InnoVationGirls LLC. approves of, endorses or recommends those sites, nor does it imply any association with their operators. The InnoVationGirls LLC. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability or validity of any content on any other site and disclaims all responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage of any kind resulting from any third party Web sites or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through links in this Site.
8. The InnoVationGirls LLC. may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
Last Modified: January 24, 2019
So, if you’re looking for more information on how we collect, store, use and share your personal data we collect, this is the place for you!
Information we collect
To fulfill your daughter’s membership, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, Daughter’s name, Current Grade, date of birth, email address, postal address, home phone, mobile phone, emergency phone, emergency contact & their phone number and payment information.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your subscription, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
How to contact us
14 Garfield Place
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Att: Data Protection Officer
Or by email: RichardZ@INNOVATIONGIRLS.com
Your rights as a someone we have personal data about (data subject)
You can make changes to your account information yourself by editing them from within your account settings. If you wish to unsubscribe from e.g. newsletters or marketing emails you will be able to do so via the link provided in those emails.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. If we are legally obligated to keep the information or if it is impossible or unproportionate, we won’t delete it but we will only keep it for as long as it is needed and we have time limits on our data systems.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to have a computer make decisions about you directly (this doesn’t include general marketing based on your age or gender).
- Right to judicial review – if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.
One thing to bear in mind before contacting us. Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us. It could as an example be social media platforms/services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites, so if you have questions regarding such sites, you need to contact the site directly. We also really encourage you to be aware and read the privacy policies of other sites because they may very easily be collecting, storing, using and sharing your personal information.
Our rules for collecting data
We take your privacy really seriously, so we’ll only ask for the information we need to have so we can give you and your child a great service.
Whenever we collect customer data, we make sure:
- We ask for permission to collect the data
- We only use the data for the agreed reason and for the time it’s needed
- We will as a minimum meet the local data protection laws in the country where we provide you with a service via our website or our applications.
- We keep data that we’re legally required to have on record
- We explain why we need the data and how we’ll use it (unless we have legitimate reason not to)
- We check and update privacy information on a regular basis.
- We don’t share data with anyone unless we have a legal or legitimate reason, or we have permission from you or if you are a child under 16 from your parents.
Collecting data in our online channels
We collect your personal and anonymous information from you when you visit our INNOVATIONGIRLS.com domain or when you use one of our applications.
We also receive information via third party when you visit our page on social media sites or channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn…etc).
Types of personal information we collect (TBC with Rita)
When you’re visiting any of these online channels, we may collect:
- Registration information that we use to help you set up an account for your daughter (e.g. your name, Daughter’s name, current grade, date of birth, email address, postal address, home phone, mobile phone, emergency phone, emergency contact & their phone number, username and password).
- Payment or transactional information that we use when you purchase a membership or use online services (e.g. postal address, phone number or credit card number).
- Location information or your IP Address that we use to give you relevant online content.
- Information you’ve shared publicly on our forums.
- Information you’ve sent to an individual or group using our messaging, chat or post services
- Information you provide when you use our own online channels or third-party channels (such as social networks) or if you link your INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. registration account to a third-party platform.
Why we need to process personal data
As we’re a global company that directly to customers and offers many different experiences for our fans, we need to process personal customer data, so that:
- Customers can buy products from our online INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. Shop and have them delivered where they want
- Customers are able register for any accounts and services they want to use
- Customers can use the online and offline INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. experiences we’ve created for them
- Customers can share information on our public forums
- We can send customers any information they’ve asked us for or answer their questions
- We can ask customers to give us feedback on our services through questionnaires and surveys
- We can provide our customers with relevant marketing information about our products.
Always keep in mind, that if you’re using a INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. service through a third-party channel like social media or a INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. app, your personal data may also be processed by that third-party according to their own privacy processes.
We may use automated decision making in processing your personal information for some services and products. An example is our fraud prevention and detection efforts on shop.INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC..com. You can request a manual review of the accuracy of an automated decision if you are unhappy with it.
How we process personal data
When you visit our online channels or when you use third-party sites or platforms, we use technology such as cookies, flash cookies, pixels and web beacons to process your personal data.
Be mindful that if you do enable a prevent cookies functionality on your device, some of our services and functionalities on the site will no longer work.
We also collect information from other trusted sources, so we can update or add to the personal information we’ve collected ourselves.
Sharing information with trusted subsidiaries (other INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. companies)
Our subsidiaries (the other companies in the InnoVationGirls LLC.) may sometimes need to access your information to provide services to you on our behalf. Because the InnoVationGirls LLC. is passionate about your privacy, we have made a decision to implement the same privacy protection all over the world, so you can feel safe no matter which InnoVationGirls LLC. company is using your data. Legally, other InnoVationGirls LLC. companies will then be acting as ‘data processors’ and will be subject to data processing laws. They need your personal data so they can:
- Deliver products and services you’ve requested
- Get in touch with you about your account or transactions
- Send you information about our sites, applications and policies
- Send you any newsletters you’ve signed up for (you can unsubscribe at any time)
- Process information that the subsidiary is formally contracted to process on our behalf, e.g. carry out a purchase placed by you, manage your INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. ID account activity or your VIP account data.
- Identify, review and stop any activities that could breach our policies or break the law
Sharing information on public forums and chat
As our public forums and chat services can be read by everyone, any personal information you share on them can be seen publicly. If you’d like us to remove any of your personal information from public areas of the site, please email our DPO. If we can’t remove your personal information for any reason, we’ll let you know why. If you’re under 16 years old, you’ll need the permission of a parent or guardian to use our public forums or chat features.
Sharing information on Social Media (Features) and Widgets
Sharing information with other companies
We won’t share your personal information outside the InnoVationGirls LLC. except:
- When we need to protect the safety, security, rights and property of our customers or third-party partners;
- When we need to meet legal processes or if disclosure of the data is required by law;
- When we’re asking other companies like e.g. couriers, shipping and warehouse service provides, payment providers, IT platform providers, fraud detection and prevention providers, survey providers, product catalogue providers and customer service suppliers to deliver services on our behalf; We have contracts with the companies to make sure they only use your personal information for agreed services and meet legal requirements;
- When we store your information using secure cloud storage services/facilities. We have contracts with companies to make sure they only use your personal information for the agreed services and meet legal requirements;
- If a merger, acquisition or sale of assets ever meant we needed to share information with a third party – in this case we’d email you and post a notice on our website to publish the change of owner and we’d also tell you how your data would be used and give you options regarding your personal data;
- When you’ve given us permission to share your information with third parties so they can send you information on their products and promotions (you can opt out of these emails by contacting our DPO team although in some cases you may also need to contact the third-party directly);
- When you have given us permission to share your information with third parties, so they can provide you with marketing information and promotions regarding our products (as an example personalized advertising provided via a social media platform). You can opt out of such marketing activities by adjusting your cookie settings on your device. In some cases, you may also need to contact the third party directly (in case of social media adjust your privacy settings and request deletion of collected information by the third-party site)
- When you’ve asked us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms like social networking sites – once it’s been shared, your personal data will be processed by that third-party according to their own privacy processes
How long do we keep your personal information
We’ll keep your personal information as long as your account is active or as long as it’s needed to provide a service. We have so called retention polices for each of the categories of personal information that we process.
If you’d like to cancel your account or for us to delete your data, we’ll only keep information that we need for legal reasons, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements.
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. A cookie itself does not contain or collect information. However, when it is read by a server via a web browser it can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service – for example, remembering previous purchases or account details.
Like most websites, our online channels and our applications (apps) collect some information (e.g. information on IP addresses, browsers, internet service providers, referring pages, exit pages, operating systems, date stamps, time stamps and clickstream data). This information won’t be linked to any other information we collect about you unless you have given your consent that we may do this.
Both we and our third-party tracking utility partners use browser storage, app storage, cookies, pixls, beacons, scripts and tags to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement through the site and collect demographic information about our overall user base. We may receive reports on these from our third-party tracking utility partners on an individual and aggregate basis.
Keeping children safe online
We care deeply about making sure children are safe online and have extra privacy processes in place to make sure we’re keeping our younger fans safe when they’re using our online channels. In fact, some features have age gates so to prevent children from inadvertently using such features. We also take all reasonable care to secure that we don’t knowingly collect, store, use or process personal information from children who may use those features without proper parental consent.
We conduct background checks on everyone who connects with innoVationGirls members. We also record all digital meetings and store them to ensure the safety of our members.
We also follow all relevant laws for children aged between 7 and 17 and when it comes to personal data, we consider anyone under the age of 16 years a child.
When we do process personal information from children, we take extra steps to protect their privacy including:
- Making sure we tell parents what personal information we collect, store, use and process from their child and explaining whether we share the information
- Meeting legal requirements by asking for parental consent to collect, use and process a child’s data and asking for consent to send their children information about our products and services
- Limiting how we collect, store, use and process personal information from children so only data that is reasonably needed for them to take part in an online activity is collected
- Giving parents access or the option to ask for access to personal information we’ve collected from their child – parents can also ask for their children’s personal information to be changed or deleted
Requesting parental consent
Asking for low-level consent by email
If we need to collect a child’s personal information, we’ll ask for parental consent according to COPPA legal requirements. We’ll send the child’s parent or guardian an email explaining what information we’re collecting, how we plan to use it and ask the parent to give or deny their consent. If we don’t receive parental consent in a reasonable time, we’ll delete all information we’ve collected from the child including the adult’s contact information that we asked for in order to request consent.
Asking for high-level ‘verifiable consent’
If we want to share a child’s personal information publicly or with a third party, we’ll seek a higher level of parental consent than the email request described above. We may ask for verification by credit card or other payment method (with a nominal charge involved), verification over the phone or through a video chat to a trained customer service representative or a signed consent form to be returned to us by mail, email attachment or fax. We may give the parent a guardian a PIN or password that they’ll be able to use in future communications to confirm the adult’s identity.
What if a parent or guardian hasn’t been contacted for consent?
If a child under the age of 16 accesses an online channel that’s designed for children by using an age gate, we’ll email the child’s parent or guardian before collecting any personal information from the child. If you think that your child is taking part in an online activity that collects their personal information and you or another parent/guardian hasn’t received an email letting you know or seeking your consent, please contact our Data Privacy Officer at richardz@innoVationGirls.com. We won’t use email addresses provided for parental consent for any other purpose unless the adult has expressly opted in to marketing emails or taken part in an activity which allows email contact.
Parental choices and controls
At any time, parents or guardians can refuse to allow us to use and collect further personal information from their child. Parents or guardians can ask us to delete the personal information we have collected in connection with their child’s account from our records. As personal information is required for some services, deleting a child’s records may result in an account, membership, or service being unavailable to the child in future.
If a child has a registered INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. ID, parents or guardians can access, change or delete the personal information we’ve collected from their child by:
- Using their child’s username and password to log into their child’s INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. ID account
- Getting in touch with our customer service team.
If you’d prefer to contact us, please let us know your child’s username along with the your own telephone number and email address. We’ll need to confirm your identity as the parent or guardian of the child before granting access to the child’s personal information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
If we make material changes to how we use Personal Information collected from a child under the age of 16, we’ll tell their parent or guardian by email and ask for ‘verifiable parental consent’ for the new uses of the child’s personal information.
Sharing information we have consent to share with others
If we’ve received high-level parental consent to share a child’s personal information publicly, we may also share personal information with our service provides or legal authorities. We may share information with our service providers including software solution companies, online security partners and customer services. Our contracts with these companies make sure they only use personal data for the agreed purpose.
We may share personal information to meet legal processes or if disclosure is required by law. As allowed by relevant laws, we may also share personal information collected from children to:
- Comply with a request from to a law enforcement or public agency (including schools or children services) or to avoid liability
- Make a disclosure that we believe may stop a crime being committed
- Help an investigation related to public safety
- Protect the safety of a child who’s using our online channels
- Protect the technology of our service providers or security of our online channels themselves
Parents have the right to consent to the collection, use and processing of their child’s personal information without also having to consent to the disclosure of that information to third parties. We don’t share information with third parties other than as described above.
INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. Partners
We define INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. Partners as other companies doing business with the InnoVationGirls LLC.. We process information on our INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. Partner companies for collaboration and evaluation purposes.
Data security and integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of customer information is extremely important to us. We use technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. All external transfers that contain personal information are done using encrypted technology. Credit card information is handled by approved service providers that meet PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards and have appropriate safeguards in place.
Although we regularly review our security procedures and evaluate new technology and methods to make our online channels safer, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our customers, employees and partners also play an important role in protecting information. We encourage customers to choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess and to keep their personal passwords secret.
Should you notice any flaws or concerns in our security, please contact our INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. Customer Service team as soon as possible.
If we ever experience a data breach in which customer information is at risk of being misused, we’ll contact customers according to legal requirements. If necessary, we’ll also contact data protection authorities.
Data transfers, storage and processing globally
The Binding Corporate Rules provide the highest security to you when it comes to how your information is processed.
Binding Corporate Rules and local legal requirements
We want to make sure we as a minimum use the standards of data privacy and security that follows from the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) anywhere in the world where we collect, store, use or share your personal data. Where your local rules require more from us than that, we will adjust our practice to make sure your data is safe with us no matter where in the world you are! To bind us to that promise we have implemented something called with Binding Corporate Rules with effect from June/2016 ‘Binding Corporate Rules. These rules are set by European data authorities across the European Union (EU) and set the some of the highest standards in the world on data collection, storage, use and sharing.
Third party vendor categories
The InnoVationGirls LLC. works with several trusted partners to secure that we provide you, our business partners and our employees with the best experience possible. This means that we will at times need to allow third parties to process personal data.
To give you an overview we have categorized the type of vendors we use and what we use them for on a category basis.
We process personal data with vendors in the following categories:
IT Service providers – we use a series of trusted partners world wide to provide us with IT services and system administration services – in regards to both our customer and partner facing activities as well as our internal IT and administration systems.
Global payment provider and processing partners – to secure a safe and efficient payment process both online, in our stores or through invoicing or money transfers.
Cloud storage partners – we store our and your data at secure data centers around the world.
Background Check partners – to secure a safe environment for children engaging with educators, subject matter experts, business clients, employees, volunteers and anyone who will connect digitally or personally with an innoVationGirls LLC. Member.
Fraud Prevention and detection partners and agencies – working with the InnoVationGirls LLC. world wide to secure that the InnoVationGirls LLC. is not defrauded.
Warehousing, packing, shipping and delivery partners – helping us get our products into the hands of our customers and business partners around the world.
Catalogue printing and mailing and postal partners – helping us making sure catalogues and magazines come your way.
Marketing partners – to be able to provide targeted and personalize advertisements, promotions and campaigns both when you are interacting with INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC. on our online platforms, on social media, instore or otherwise.
Social Media Partners – to be present and allow you to interact with the InnoVationGirls LLC. on the platforms where you are.
Survey, questionnaires and product review suppliers – helping us secure that we get your all-important feedback of your INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC.® experience!
Tax and customs authorities, regulators and other authorities globally – who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Professional advisers – including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers globally, who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services to the InnoVationGirls LLC.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of the risk of injury while participating in the InnoVationGirls LLC Sharing of VR Headsets – Program (the “Activity”), and as consideration for the right to participate in the Activity, I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, my family members, assigns or personal representatives, knowingly and voluntarily enter into this waiver and release of liability and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation in this Activity, and do hereby release and forever discharge InnoVationGirls LLC located at 2244 SPinningwheel Ln, Cincinnati Ohio 45244, their affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, for any physical or psychological injury, including but not limited to illness, paralysis, death, damages, economical or emotional loss, that I may suffer as a direct result of my participation in the aforementioned Activity.
I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE AFOREMENTIONED ACTIVITY AND I AM PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY ENTIRELY AT MY OWN RISK. I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, PHYSICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY, PAIN, SUFFERING, TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT DISABILITY, ECONOMIC OR EMOTIONAL LOSS, AND DEATH. I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE INJURIES OR OUTCOMES MAY ARISE FROM MY OWN OR OTHERS’ NEGLIGENCE, OR THE CONDITION OF THE ACTIVITY LOCATION(S). NONETHELESS, I ASSUME ALL RELATED RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN TO ME, OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS ACTIVITY.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless InnoVationGirls LLC against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorney’s fees and any related costs, if litigation arises pursuant to any claims made by me or by anyone else acting on my behalf.
I acknowledge that InnoVationGirls LLC and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives and agents are not responsible for errors, omissions, acts or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of InnoVationGirls LLC.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS “WAIVER AND RELEASE” AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I EXPRESSLY AGREE TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, HEIRS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION AND I AGREE TO VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP OR WAIVE ANY RIGHT THAT I OTHERWISE HAVE TO BRING A LEGAL ACTION AGAINST INNOVATIONGIRLS LLC FOR PERSONAL INJURY.
To the extent that statute or case law does not prohibit releases for negligence, this release is also for negligence on the part of InnoVationGirls LLC, its agents, and employees.
In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
In the event that any damage to equipment or facilities occurs as a result of my willful actions, neglect or recklessness, I acknowledge and agree to be held liable for any and all costs associated with any actions of neglect or recklessness.
This agreement was entered into at arm’s-length, without duress or coercion, and is to be interpreted as an agreement between parties of equal bargaining strength. Both the Participant, and InnoVationGirls LLC agree that this Agreement is clear and unambiguous as to its terms, and that no other evidence will be used or admitted to alter or explain the terms of this Agreement but that it will be interpreted based on the language in accordance with the purposes for which it is entered into.
In the event that any provision within this Release of Liability shall be deemed to be severable or invalid, or if any term, condition, phrase or portion of this agreement shall be determined to be unlawful or otherwise unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect, so long as the clause severed does not affect the intent of the parties. If a court should find that any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting said provision it would become valid and enforceable, then said provision shall be deemed to be written construed and enforced as so limited.
PARENT/GUARDIAN WAIVER FOR MINORS
This release must be signed by a parent or guardian, as follows:
I hereby certify that I am the parent or guardian of ———————————————–, and do hereby give my consent without reservation to the foregoing on behalf of this individual.
Parent/Guardian Name: ——————————————————————————
Relationship to Minor: ——————————————————————————
Date: —————————————————————————— By clicking “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions” you are legally e-signing this waiver.